7th/8th Grade Enrichment/TJ & AOS & AET Test Prep Course:
Academy4Enrichment is pleased to announce the launch of an enrichment course for 7th/8th graders to prepare
for AOS/TJ/AET entrance exam and to enrich the Math, Verbal & Writing skills required for academic excellence.
How are classes organized?
During each session, students will have one hour of Math instruction and one hour of English instruction.
Teachers will review the concepts topic by topic. Students will complete homework assignments to build on
the topics discussed in the class room. Each week, students take timed quizzes covering the topics taught
in the previous class to measure their grasp of the concepts.
What does the Program cover?
- The Math curriculum covers primarily Pre-Algebra/Numbers & Operations, Algebra, Geometry,
Probability and Statistics course work. Topics include: Number Theory, Radicals, Exponents, Percents,
Ratio & Proportions, Rate Problems, Factoring, Linear Equations, Inequalities, Lines & Angles, Quadrilaterals,
Circles, Counting, Probability, Statistics, Graphs and Functions.
- The English curriculum covers PSAT/SAT Vocabulary, Latin Roots/Bases, Prefixes and Suffixes, Reading Comprehension Strategies,
Grammar/Composition, and Essay Writing skills. In addition, students will learn Logical Reasoning, and strategies to solve
Scrambled Paragraphs Questions and Sentence Completion Questions.
- This comprehensive course for AOS and TJ is offered through short term & long term basis
- 3 hours Weekly Math & English classes
- Bi-Weekly 1-1 Writing Sessions
- Bi-Weekly Math Homework Review Session
- Bi-Weekly Competition Math Session
- Weekly On-line Vocabulary Review Session
- Secure Parent Login provides access to quiz and test scores to monitor progress
- Students take six full length PSAT and six full length TJ practice exams
- Classes are taught by experienced and highly qualified High School teachers
- Average class size is 8-10 students
What is 1-1 Writing Session is about:
- Individual writing instruction (30 Minutes) with experienced writing teachers
- Students will learn the skills necessary to write successful essays in timed environments
- Students will receive individual feedback and writing assignments
- Individual Writing Sessions are included as part of the AOS/TJ/AET Prep Program
- Bi-weekly scheduled sessions
- Essays Writing Skills count 45% weightage in the total admission process
- Full Length PSAT Practice Tests are administered during July/Aug/Sept
- Full Length TJ Practice Tests are administered during Sept/Oct/Nov
- Test results are reviewed in class to help students improve strategies and knowledge of material
- Student Quiz/Test Scores are accessible online for parents (secure login provided)
How will this program benefit your child
- This curriculum will enable your child:
- To master material that is 2 grade levels ahead
- To develop a strong foundation in vocabulary, reading and writing
- To improve his/her performance in school
- To learn through Conceptual Teaching Methods
- To be Competitive for Entrance Exams
- Weekly 3 Hours class in Reading/Writing/Math/Vocabulary
- 30 Minutes 1 -1 Essay Writing Sessions during weekdays
- Bi-Weekly 60 Minutes Math Homework Review Sessions
- Weekly Online Vocabulary Review Session
- Flexible class schedules on Saturdays/Sundays: 9:30-12:30 PM, 12:30-3:30 PM or 3:30 - 6:30PM
Additional Math Sessions?
- There are Additional Math Homework Review Sessions on the weekdays twice a month if
anyone needs additional help in Completing Academy Homework.
- There are Additional Competition Math Sessions on the weekdays twice a month to help
prapare for Math Competitions such as MathCounts/AMC8/VAML.
- These are offered for an additional $25 a month
How do I register?
Click here to register.